Saturday 25 June 2011

A Picnic in the Park

Yesterday we had a picnic. I slept over at my best friend's house and we packed up a picnic basket with yummy snacks and a couple of books and headed down to the local park. We found a lovely secluded spot shaded by beautiful big pine trees. Promptly, we lay out the rug and started to set out all the food around it. After replenishing our appetites, we took turns in reading each other poems. I then read everyone a chapter from 'The Wind in the Willows'. It was just so nice to relax and read stories and chat together and just think. We were there for most of the day, looking through the pine needles into the blue sky. It was so heavenly, and I am determined that we shall have much more of it in the future.
Whilst lying under the trees and listening to music, I had a thought; I don't ever stop. I am constantly busy, even busy doing nothing. But I never really stop and just enjoy the moment, enjoy living. At least, I certainly don't do it often enough. When you have a moment like that, you realise just how busy you are. I treasure the moments when I simply halt and look at my life so far. I need more of these moments. My life is so full of stuff. I'm constantly thinking, always wondering what next to blog about or what I am going to make for dinner or what my next mix on 8tracks will be. I never really stop thinking. But then again, I never really think. I spend too much time in the outside world, and not enough time with myself. I don't look inside myself enough. I need to ponder more and think less.
I wonder if anyone ever reads this blog. Well, if you are reading it right now, then people must read it. I know some people do, but who are you? Do I know you? I wonder where you come from and what you're thinking. Hrmm, well, my name is Aalyn (don't even ask) and I live in Australia with my mother and sister. How do you do? I love old fashioned things; furniture, books, movies, music, lifestyle, principles. Sometimes I wish I had been born in the late 1800's and lived in a beautiful big house like the Bennets' in Pride and Prejudice. I often find myself pining for a life like that. Well, maybe I can make it happen, maybe I can't. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Until next time then, my dears.
Fondest love and affection,
Miss Aalyn xx

1 comment:

  1. It was truely a wonderful day, darling. You must relax more, you do lead an awfully fast life. Just stop every now and then, smell the flowers, feel the warmth of the sun, doze a bit, listen to some music and breath deeply :)

    Steph xx

    ReplyDelete