Tuesday 28 June 2011

A Book With A Pet And An Occupation

Goodness, to think that only 3 years ago I was in grade 7 and living in Edinburgh. I watched some videos today of my graduation in Scotland. I looked sooooo young and strange looking. I had SUCH bad fashion sense! Seriously, I can't believe I went out looking like THAT! I also watched some other videos which were taken just after we got the puppies. They were so adorable! And to think that Skye had two eyes then. By the way, she lost her eye at the end of last year from a paralysis tick which almost killed her.

Now she's ill again. We don't know what it is. The vet thinks it's either disc disease or pancreatitis. Anyway, he gave her an anti-inflamitary injection and said that if it was disc disease she would hopefully recover. She is much better today and so we think that whatever it was, it's getting better now. But we still can't pick her up by her tummy or around that area or she squeals. She's in pain, I can tell by the way she looks at me, but she's getting better. We've been praying for her and I think that really helped. She actually went to the toilet today! Hooray! ... Ahem, sorry.

I have started reading the 'Little House' books again. I did not quite finish the series. I am on to 'These Happy Golden Years'. I am not very far through, only page 114 in chapter 12. There are 33 chapters. It's funny how different the books are from the movies. In the books, Almanzo notices Laura before she notices him and Pa likes Almanzo being with Laura, he encourages it. Also, Adam is never mentioned, nor Albert. And in the movies, Almanzo doesn't have a brother whom he lives with, only his sister. And in the books his sister is horrible, in the movies she's nice, though very annoying. I do so love the movies though, I like both the books and the movies and I wouldn't change a thing!
I think I need to get a job soon but I don't want to work in somewhere like MacDonalds or KFC. I want to work in a nice cafe or bakery or bookstore. But mum says that I have to start with the fast food or supermarket chains first and then work my way up to the nice places. The problem is, I'd rather not work at all than work in a fast food place. I would just HATE to work there, I think. Sigh, I guess I'll just have to apply for Coles or Woolworths then.
Until next time then, dear readers.
All my love and devotions,
Miss Aalyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment