Monday 13 June 2011

Charitable Affairs

2 weeks to go! Arr, school is such a bore! Why can't I have a job already and be living with my husband and children in the English countryside in a cottage? Sometimes I feel like I'm only holding on by a thread and that pretty soon I will snap and go mental at some poor sole. Life just seems to be dragging by and the 2 and a half years left of school seems like forever.

I want to help someone. That sounds a little strange but I feel that as long as I am helping somebody for the time I have left at school then it won't seem like so long. Today I cooked two large batches of food for some friends of ours who need help. It felt really good to be cooking for somebody who really needed it. I made spaghetti bolognese and a chicken curry. They tasted great! My dad asked me if I felt exhausted after cooking two meals at once but, to be honest, I wasn't at all tired, merely rejuvinated. I then proceeded on cleaning the entire kitchen and making lunch for everyone. Sometimes I just need to do small things like making someone a coffee to get my mind off myself for awhile. That way, I don't go mental! I always go to lengths to get people good birthday presents that they will really like also because it makes me feel better. I will quite readily go and tidy up my sister and mum's bedrooms because it takes my mind of other things. Helping people makes me happy! I know that sounds really cheesy and stupid but it honestly does!
I was in the car today and my sister suddenly piped up that I'd be a really bad doctor because I panic in bad situations. My initial reaction was a sarcastic "thanks" but then dad said that I'd actually make a really good nurse. I grimaced slightly at the thought but then he said that I could work in a children's hospital and that I'd be good because I'm good with people, good with kids and compassionate. I'm not really sure about that and I don't think I want to be a nurse but it did get me thinking. Maybe I should be in a job where I get to help people. I mean, a teacher helps people enormously so maybe that is a better option to journalism. I don't know, but I think I shall have a look at some possible other 'helping' jobs.
Well, I think I'll be going now anyhow.
Toodle-oo!
Miss Aalyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment