Thursday 14 April 2011

Positivity in the Making

Dearest readers,

I have promised myself to refrain from negativity in today's post. I am sure you are all leaping for joy, well, whomever you may be. Shall I share with you some happy intelligence then? Today was my final day of Year 10 term 1!!! Hurrah! Are not you simply weeping with delight?? Well, neither am I, but I am certainly immensely happy.

What makes you happy readers? Shall I share with you my word of the day? Well here it is:
Hitherto- up to this time; until now: a fact hitherto unknown.
Is not that a fabulous word? Well, I fancy it is.

I am in the process of hand sewing a french style quilt for my first child. Yes, I know, it is rather forward thinking of me but, until he/she is born, I shall have it for myself. The colour scheme of the quilt is made up of browns, whites, blues and purples. It is supposed to represent the hillsides of Provence, with the lavender fields and brown plains. I am not very far through, having only cut out the patches and embroidered the lavender and some of the french phrases but quilts aren't made in a day.


Autumn is come but it feels as though Summer still lingers. Although the days appear to be getting colder, they feel the same to me. I long to finally be able to wear scarves and coats and gloves and socks but it appears I shall have to wait a little longer.


I don't think I have yet told you readers about Scotland; my past home. Well then, you are in for a treat! If you have ever seen the series 'North and South' then you will have had a good idea of the place in which I lived. For, you see, I lived in that town, called Milton in the movie . However, its true name is Stockbridge and it is just as gorgeous as it appears. It is one of the few towns left in this modern era which is soley old stone buildings, Victorian style. I settled there with my mother, father, sister and grandmother for a grand total of 4 years. They were, I must say, the best 4 years of my entire life. I simply adored the chilly climate, gorgeous scenery and friendly locals and I long to visit at least once more before I die. Here are a few photos of this adorable town:


Isn't it just darling? Well readers, there you have it.
Until next time, toodle-oo!
Yours adoringly,
Miss Aalyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment